Friday, January 07, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to the new blog that is for and about Jewish Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Survivors of Sexual Assault, and Rabbinical Sexual Misconduct. I'm hoping this blog will offer a space for survivors like my self to discuss various issues. If you have ideas of topics to discuss please post them in the comment section of this posting.

I think the first item on my list is to rate how our various communities are dealing with allegations when they are made?

If you went to a rabbi was he or she helpful?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over the years I've gone to several rabbis trying to get a better understanding from a Jewish perspective of why I was abused. It's been a long and difficult journey but I finally found one that is working with me in trying to understand.

It's been really hard. So many rabbis made me feel like I was to blame for being an incest survivor. They looked at me like I was mentally ill, instead of someone who was a victim of a violent crime. I really wish that all rabbis would take the time out and read at least the book by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis called "The Courage to Heal".

January 08, 2005 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home