Monday, February 07, 2005

Protecting Sex Offenders? Why We Do It?

I'm always stumped when a group of people rally behind someone who is an alleged sex offender. Just look at the case of Rabbi Mordechai Gafni. I read what's on The Awareness Center's web page. I just don't get it. He confessed to having sexual relations with a 13 year old girl. He was 20 at the time.

If a 20 year old man had sexual relations with my 13 year old daughter I would be outraged. I would do anything and everything to make sure he's behind bars. I don't care if he called it a loving relationship. My daughter is way to young to be involved with a man that much older then her, besides the fact that she is to young to be dating a boy her own age!

It makes no sense to me why Rabbis like Saul Berman, Arthur Green Joseph Telushkin and Rabbi Tirzah Firestone would support him? Why is it that they can't see what I see? Why is it that I can't see what they see? Will someone explain it to me?

I read the articles on The Awareness Center's site and I wonder how can anyone support Gafni? He even lied about being an Oxford Scholar.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I don't get it. Someone, please explain.

February 08, 2005 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home