Monday, July 04, 2005

Nightmares

It happened again last night. I had a nightmare that I was running away from a rapist and he was coming closer and closer. People were around trying to help me get away but he was overpowering them. I was getting trapped. I woke up in a cold sweat. It felt like the nightmare lasted forever.

How do you deal with nightmares?

I get out of my bed and go to the couch where I lie down with my feet up on the arm. Somehow that calms my mind and body enough to fall back asleep. This is the yoga pose called the "vacation pose". Other things I can do are to drink peppermint tea, turn on the radio to soothing music, put on a music cd or write in my journal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mara,
I hate when I start to have nightmares. For me they seem to come in series. When I wake up from one I try to journal about it. Sometimes I just go on the net and go into a chat room and just write about it. You would be amazed how many people are up late at night on line.

There have been times I'll call a friend, but I really hate waking them up at 3 am. That's why I like going on line. Those people are already up.

July 04, 2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

What chat rooms do you go into? How do you know they are safe?

July 04, 2005 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you on MSN or AOL? I look for chat rooms on either one. I make up a sn for that purpose. No one knows who I am. I talk about myself without giving identifying information. There are survivor chat room on both. Usually it's just survivors in them.

July 04, 2005 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home